Friday, August 24, 2018

FGS Conference 2018 - Friday!

My daughter's most favorite thing about her first conference -- The Exhibit Hall. (We've all been there.) Her least favorite thing -- finding a parking place in downtown Fort Wayne. Of course!!

We worked on getting our passports stamped in the exhibit hall. We are about half way there. Didn't realize there are that many booths in the exhibit hall.

We stopped for an event at ancestry.com titled "Stump the Genealogist." Excellent! It was a fun way to pick up some tips about using ancestry.

We have one day left and I am sure we will crowd many things into the time left. May not have time for research but we will definitely make a stop at the Allen County Library.

Of course I made a few "resolutions". I will finally join the DAR, join the Genealogical Speakers Guild, and look into the Mayflower Society. But the most important and the one I keep putting off -- prove to the remaining  Ohio lineage societies. This now has added motivation. My family might be going to the OGS conference in the Cincinnati area and this is where my ancestors who will be honored are from. 

The DNA track at this conference was very informative. I can now approach my results with new confidence. I pushed myself a bit with an advanced session about DNA but that is not a bad thing. I did learn some information that will start to make sense in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment