Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Grandma and the Reindeer

My mother hated the song "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer". She actually called a radio station and ripped them to pieces for playing the song.It was the most embarrassing moment for me and my family -- EVER!

It was like. "Mom it is a joke." 

"It's a  song."

"Don't take it personally."

*********************

Guess who takes it personally now!

First of all, I don't have blue hair. Actually it is a rather beautiful shade of grey. 

Should we open up her gifts or send them back? That is very offensive. At the time I thought it was funny. Not so much any more. I get what upset my mom. I have to admit that now I change the station when I hear this song. But, also, I rarely hear it any more. Thank goodness. Perhaps too many grandmothers complained!

So here is my list of my favorite Christmas songs.

#1. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, Gayle Peevey
#2. Wonderful Christmastime, Paul McCartney
#3. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Barenaked Ladies
#4. White Christmas, The Drifters
#5. My Grown Up Christmas List, Kelly Clarkson 

And anything Peter Paul and Mary!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment