Monday, August 19, 2013

On The Road Again!

Arrived in Fort Wayne this afternoon. Only a little over an hour drive on the new Route 24. Checked into my hotel and headed for the Grand Wayne Convention Center where I picked up my registration packet. Be sure to check your packet to make sure you have everything. I was missing two wrist bands. No problem, customer service took care of it immediately. 

Then off to the Family Search Blogger dinner. Everyone raved about the food and got acquainted. We were informed about the new and very exciting direction that Family Search is taking. (More about this later.)

The weather this week in Fort Wayne is going to be very comfortable with a slight chance of rain. None of those severe thunderstorms that we mid-westerners are so used to this time of the year. 

I will be moving from my temporary hotel to the Hilton tomorrow. I stopped at the desk today to check on the possibility of early check-in. They are having an almost total turnover in guests tomorrow. If you arrive early and don't want to leave your valuables in your car at the parking garage across the street, the Hilton will hold your luggage for you. Check-in time is 3pm. 

**I am taking some time off from commenting on Who Do You Think You Are until the FGS Conference is over. I made some discoveries during the Zooey Deschanel episode that affected the way I look at my great grandmother, Elizabeth Waterfield Perkins. So, I am going to be looking for answers to questions that I have at The Allen County Library this week. I was originally focused on my great grandfather, William Perkins, but now his wife seems a little bit more interesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment