Saturday, August 4, 2012

1940 Census Complete!

The entire US 1940 Census is now completely indexed on Family Search. What a tribute to the volunteers who made this possible. My one regret is that I never got to show my husband his family in the census  records before he passed away in May. We tried, but we just couldn't find the right address for his mom and dad. I have found the records now and, of course I can pass this information on to our grandchildren. Thinking back now on our last few days together, I realize that Chuck had finally come to appreciate the value of family history. I really believe that he was at that point where he wanted to know - not just the birth, marriage, and death information about his ancestors. He was at that point where a true genealogist is born. That point where you want to know what made your ancestors "tick". The 1940 census is a great way to connect our grandchildren to the past. Every ten years we have the opportunity to plant the seeds of family history in our grandchildren. Take advantage of this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment