Monday, July 23, 2012

It's that time of the year again!

Don't you just love it when the kids get ready to go back to school? I know I do and I don't even have school age kids in my home. So what is it that makes this the "most wonderful time of the year"? School supplies! Well, actually, more like genealogy supplies.

This week's Office Max weekly ad is only the beginning of things to come.This week's ad has free pencils with a $5 purchase. I just love to cruise Office Max this time of the year.


Last week my Kroger Store started displaying their school supplies. And if you buy your supplies there, you will add to your fuel points. Speaking of fuel points, now that my grocery bill has been cut by more than 50 per cent, I have been buying gift cards for places I normally shop such as Barnes & Noble and Subway. This way I get twice the fuel points. 


Don't forget to check out Target and Walmart and take your time -- prices are reduced the closer you get to the first day of school!


Now is a good time to begin thinking about your holiday gift list for yourself. Make it out ahead of time and suggest that your kids all go together this year and send you to a conference or buy you a membership to Ancestry.com. 


Keep your fingers crossed everybody. This Thursday I find out if my arm has healed and I can get rid of the splint on my right arm. Then I can get back to faster typing and more posts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment