Saturday, March 4, 2023

The Rebels

 James Dean, Natalie Wood, Sal Mineo. Rebel Without a Cause, West Side Story. "57 Chevy, black leather jackets, Rock and Roll is Here to Stay. 

Poodle skirts, pedal pushers, saddle oxfords, 45 records, Annette, Sandra D.

ELVIS!!!

I feel so sorry for my parents. It must have been hell living with these teenagers. 

But what made us such rebels? Speaking for myself I was a year old when Pearl Harbor sent this country into WWII. Of course I didn't realize it but it became normal for all my older cousins to be in military uniforms. I never under stood the word war. But that didn’t make me a rebel! 

Many kids my age grew up with their fathers in the service and their mothers working in factories. (My parents were older.) These children became responsible for their younger siblings and also for helping out at home. Personally I think they grew up faster that the rest of us whose mothers didn't need to work. Did it make them rebels? Maybe. Why? Because they learned responsibility at an early age. And they knew women could survive on their own.

Whatever it was, the result was Civil Rights and Women's Rights. And the 1950s lighted the fuse that started the fuss. 

What Did We Learn From Looking Back

We know what we have now.

We know not to take it for granted.

We know life can be a constant battle 


 I really believed and still do believe we can learn a lot from the census. But what? There’s something wrong with this post on my blog. I can feel it but I  can’t describe it. There is something wrong. But what’s wrong. Its me. It has to be me. My view has changed.

Let me think about it and I’ll get back to you. See ya later alligator!! After while crocodile!!

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment