Friday, April 27, 2012

Ancestry.com + Archives.com = Great News for Genealogists

Although I have read comments otherwise, I honestly believe that this union of ancestry.com and archives.com is going to be good news for genealogists. Ancestry.com is the largest online genealogy resource. Archives.com is an affordable online genealogy resource that seems to attract those people who are just getting started with their research. Everything I have read about this merger seems to indicate that both sites will remain the same while striving to compliment each other. I hope this is true. We desperately need affordable genealogy for beginners. But we also need the more expensive version for those of us who have figured out how to finance our favorite hobby. I say we give a thumbs up to this union.

No comments:

Post a Comment